Because no one is immune to last minute, unplanned dental dilemmas, our group of practices exists to make any oral emergency right. If you’re experiencing tooth pain or are looking for an emergency dentist in Oshawa, call one of our offices right away. Dentistry Plus offers treatment and pain relief for many dental emergencies. Our emergency dental services will resolve your issue quickly so you can get on with your day in peace.
Common problems that an emergency dental clinic in Oshawa can handle include:
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Knocked-out teeth
- Partially dislodged (extruded) teeth
- Objects caught between teeth
- Lost fillings
- Lost crowns
- Broken dentures
- Gum injuries
What to Do about Your Dental Emergency
Before calling an emergency dentist in Oshawa, you can try to handle the issue or relieve pain at home. While some issues, such as minor bleeding or objects stuck in your teeth, can be resolved without emergency dental help, others cannot. When a permanent tooth falls out or you lose a filling, visit the nearest emergency dental clinic in Oshawa as soon as you can. With the right timing, experienced emergency dentists can help save your teeth and relieve you of pain.
To ease your pain or stop bleeding, things you can do before your emergency appointment include:
- Toothaches – rinse mouth with warm water, remove lodged food with dental floss, apply a cold compress outside any swollen areas, and visit your dentist as soon as you can.
- Chipped teeth – save any pieces, rinse your mouth with warm water, apply gauze to bleeding areas, apply cold compress to any swelling, and see your dentist as soon as possible.
- Knocked-out tooth – retrieve the tooth, hold it by the crown (exposed part), rinse off tooth with water, put tooth back into place if possible but don’t force it into the socket. If you can’t put the tooth back, put it in a container of milk to protect the tooth. See your emergency dentist as soon as you can because knocked-out teeth have the best chance of healing completely within the first hour.
- Partially dislodged teeth – apply a cold compress to the outside of the affected area and see your dentist immediately.
- Objects in teeth – try to use dental floss to carefully remove the object, but see your dentist if it won’t come out, and never use sharp objects to poke at your teeth or gums.
- Lost fillings – stick a piece of sugarless gum into the cavity to help reduce sensitivity and visit a clinic for emergency dental in Oshawa as soon as possible.
- Lost crown – bring your crown with you to your emergency dental appointment. Until your appointment, relieve pain with clove oil and slip the crown back over the tooth if possible. Before putting it back in place, use dental cement or toothpaste to help keep the crown in place.
- Broken dentures – do not try to repair chipped or broken dentures at home. This can lead to bigger problems that can’t be fixed with simple repairs. Visit your emergency dentist as soon as you are able.
- Abscesses – because of the serious oral and general health problems associated with abscesses, see your emergency dentist in Oshawa as soon as possible if you discover a pimple-like swelling on your gum. Prior to your appointment you can relieve pain by rinsing your mouth with a mild salt water solution several times a day.
- Gum injuries – to stop bleeding, rinse your mouth with salt water, put gauze over the site for about 20 minutes, use a cold compress for about 10 minutes, and if the bleeding doesn’t stop after this time visit your emergency dentist immediately.
Contact Us to Fix Your Dental Emergency
If your teeth are in need of immediate dental care, schedule an appointment at one of our offices, where we are more than happy to serve you now and later. Call or visit any of our locations in Toronto, Oshawa, Innisfil, Brantford and Barrie.
Your Oral Health is Our Number One Priority
Nervous to hop into the dentist’s chair? Don’t be. Our group of practices offers a number of sedation options to make your visit with our emergency dentist more relaxing.
We know time is money, which is why we have multiple offices in several convenient and accessible locations. Trust us to be your emergency dentist! We also offer evening and weekend appointments to fit your busy schedule.
Besides emergency dental care, we offer a variety of services to ensure your teeth are well cared for: